Computer Science aims to publish high-quality papers with a specific focus on teaching and learning within the computing discipline that are accessible and of interest to educators, researchers, and practitioners alike. CSE support the development and exploration of fundamental concepts, models, theories, systems, and other basic tools and the understanding of laws, limits, and possibilities of information processing as well as to develop bridges with other sciences and their applications. To provide the best opportunity to the students to attain technical excellence in the field of Computer Science & Engineering and Emerging Technologies and to develop a comprehensive and integrated personality.
- Gain and explore theoretical and analytical competences for scientific work.
- Acquire skills in developing advanced products and systems in the area of industrial information and communication technology.
- Be able to handle system oriented analytical methods and tools.
- Be able to think interdisciplinary, work team oriented and present results professionally.
- Understand worldwide operating companies.
- To provide students with the tools to identify problems that are best solved by means of computers and to design and implement effective, efficient, and creative solutions.
- To provide students with a strong foundation in the software and hardware aspects of computing, as well as the mathematics and science of discipline.
- To provide students with a deeper understanding of some specialty within computer science.
- To provide students with an understanding and appreciation of the societal consequences of technology, including computers, and of the ethical issues that may arise with new technologies.
Scope & Employability
Computing professionals might find themselves in a variety of environments in academia, research, industry, government, private and business organizations – analyzing problems for solutions, formulating and testing, using advanced communications or multi-media equipment, or working in teams for product development. Here’s a short list of research and vocational areas in computing. Artificial Intelligence – Develop computers that simulate human learning and reasoning ability.
Design new computer circuits, microchips, and other electronic components. Computer Architecture
Design new computer instruction sets, and combine electronic or optical components to provide powerful but cost-effective computing.
About The Department
Duration of the Programme:
Three years (Six Semesters)
10+ with Science and Mathematics (Not the elementary mathematics) or equivalent as prescribed by the Uttarakhand Board of Technical Education, Roorkee.
Medium of Study:
Ratio between theory and Practical classes:
Generic Skill Development:
It is proposed that two Camps of 3-4 days duration on generic Skills Development(GSD) during 5th and 6th Semester be organized by arranging expert lectures/ discussion sessions either by Polytechnic teacher or by eminent educationists from the neighborhood to deal with topics like: Independent Study Techniques, Task Management, Ethics and Values, Personality Development, SWOT Analysis, Action research etc.
The Student will be exposed to industrial by organizing industrial visits and expert lectures by personnel from industry. The suggested industry oriented-practice based minor and major projects will enable the students to interact with relevant industries.
25 marks per semester have been kept for games, hobby clubs, seminars, declamation contests, extension lectures, NCC, NSS and cultural activities etc.